Sunday, July 26, 2015

My Review of Linked, We Soar by Elisa Eliss

I'm a firm believer that, in order to be a great writer, you have to be an avid reader. So, I try to read as much as possible. I especially like to read debut novels, and I found a great one in Linked, We Soar by Elisa Eliss. It is totally different than anything I write (Christian romance for young adults!) but I really enjoyed it. It took me about six hours to read the entire novel (with minimal young daughter interruptions) and for a full-length novel at 99 cents, I would say that's a pretty good deal!

The story revolves around a teenage girl named Mia who falls in love with the new boy, Aaron, who is having a lot of trouble at home. We discover he's been adopted recently and is struggling between balancing his new family with the longing for contact with his birth mother.  Through the story, we learn that sometimes you have to let go in order to get what you really want in life.  It's told in first person from Mia's perspective, in present tense, which is unique and interesting. Eliss does a great job of telling the story as it unfolds, and I think the fact that it is partially based on real-life experiences lends itself to the honesty you will find in her words. I really enjoyed it! It's a great summer read.

You can see my full 5 star review on Amazon by clicking here.



If you have a novel you would like for me to review, please leave me a comment or send me an email and I'll see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment