Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Why I Hired Someone to Handle Social Media

I am a social media junky. I spend way too much time Facebooking, Tweeting, Pinning, and Instagramming (and yes, I know not all of those are words!)  I manage several Facebook pages and have three twitter accounts.  Why in the world would I ask someone else to handle social media for me?

Because, when it comes to selling books, it's hard.  And parts of it are depressing.
It's hard because, as indie authors, we feel the pressure to be "out there," to let the world know that we have wonderful books that they should purchase, read, and leave stellar reviews for.  There's pressure to constantly be online posting things, trying to trump up sales, or say something profound.
There's also the constant comparison of my sales with others, reading reviews that are not always (in my opinion) fair, and checking Amazon reports to see if any new dots show up.  Frankly, I don't want to look at that stuff anymore--I just want to write.
So, about a week ago I started looking for some help. I went to Fiverr because I happen to sell editing services on Fiverr myself and have used services on there before for book promotions, etc. I came across a start-up looking for people like me--people trying to get the word out about a product--and started a conversation with them. I have been so very impressed with the amazing work this little company has done. They started off by working on my Facebook page, making some changes and trumping up "likes."  So far that is working very well.  They are working on something other things also, trying to convert "likes" to sales. They have taken on this project as if it where their own books they were trying to sell, which I love.
If you are in the market for a social media manager, I highly recommend you check out Smart Koronos.  They are college students right now, but someday they will be leading the market when it comes to advertising.  You can find their gig here.  Tell them ID Johnson sent you. If they deliver for you the way that they have for me, you will not regret the low cost it takes to get started.  I will be recommending them to all of my author friends and everyone I edit for.  They promote other items as well, so if you are selling anything online, check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Am Spencer Sunshine,from Miami Florida United States.Am here to to testify on how i was initiated into Vampire's cult. At first i had the interest of becoming one because i wanted to live longer and achieve greatness and fame of my own and i was scared of how i can achieve this goal.Along the course,i found this email address (jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com) online seeking for those who are interested and i contacted the email address thinking just giving a try to my greatest surprise they made me become one and give me all that i have actually wanted,though some sacrifice and some other things were done for very easily and they gave me vampire dayring that can make me walk any time of the day.Truly this is the revolutionized vampire's cult and am very happy about it.It is happening,for real.In case you too need to be one,i would advice you contact this email address (jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com) and get what you want.

    ReplyDelete