Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I Hate Pirates!

I've been attacked by pirates--and I am livid!
And they aren't even the cool Captain Jack kind.

These are the kind that take your books and give them away for free--without your permission.
Listen, I'm not a big time author. I barely make enough money a month from my eight books to pay the electric bill. If I'm ever going to be a "real" author, I need every penny that comes from my writing to go into my pocket--so I can feed my kids!
Today, I decide to do a search of each of my titles on Google to see if any of them happened to show up where they shouldn't. I didn't think I'd find anything. I mean, after all, who am I that anyone would want to bother to upload my novels to a pirating site?  They're practically free already!
Well, I was wrong.  I found Cordia's Will, Deck of Cards, Transformation, Repercussion, and Resurrection all available for instant download on multiple sites. For free. Without my permission.
And some of these sites are impossible to contact. The ones that did have contact buttons got an ear full, believe me, and my threats of sending in lawyers are no joke either (as soon as I can find one who has a few spare moments and works for peanuts, like me.)
Who do these people think they are? And more importantly, who in the world would dare use these sites? Don't they know they are stealing? Do they care? If you really want to read my book that badly for free, let me know and I'll send it to you! But don't take it without asking. That's just wrong.
Some of the sites were even in other countries.  I have no idea what I can do to get them to take down my books.
There are enough free books available from authors on Amazon who give their permission you can read free books for the rest of your life. I have over 4000 books on my Kindle app that I have downloaded from Amazon when authors are giving them away for free. There's no need to use these pirate sites.
So... I'm super bummed right now about this whole thing And really, really pissed off.  Please help spread the word that people should not download books from these sites. If it's not Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords, or something like that, it's probably not legitimate. So don't do it!
And thanks for reading my rant.  If you'd like to offset my loss in earnings from these swindlers, please feel free to visit my Amazon page and buy one of my books. It will cost you up to three dollars, but you'll feel okay about that when you're not burning in eternal hell fire!



3 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ I wouldn't pay a penny for a CTRL+C much less $3! You can make a solid argument that hard copies of books cost money to produce and therefore should be charged for, but information is free. I always buy the hard copy of ebooks I enjoy (not the ones that were no good though, and it's my right as a consumer to try before I buy). Be glad your name is getting out there, and that people care about your work enough to give you free advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't want to pay for ebooks, that's your right. But no one has the right to take someone else's content and publish it without permission. Information is free, but my novels are not. It isn't advertising--it's giving away my work for free. And it is illegal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete